"Ambush" Wins Best VFX Award at FOFA
|"Ambush" wins "Best VFX" at FoF Awards|
Ambush was directed by Thomas Grantley and produced by Viktor Fiuk. The 3D Lead was Efthymios Bairaktaris and the 2D Lead was Andrea Tomas.
Ambush was completed as part of the VFX Project, the final film-making module in the third year of studies at Escape Studios, in which students work together to create a short film, mirroring as closely as possible the workings of a studio environment. This is Ambush's third festival award.
Ambush" tells the story of a rebel pilot in a run-down speeder who must evade her pursuers in a brutal desert landscape. Ambush was created by our third-year undergraduate students, studying the Art of Visual Effects at Escape Studios.
You can find Ambush at the IMDB here.
- Thomas Grantley - Director
- Viktor Fiuk - Producer
- Efthymios Bairaktaris - 3D Lead
- Andrea Tomas - 2D Lead
- Autul Sikdar - 2D Artist
- Recep Atalmis - 3D Artist
Ambush has won a number of festival awards:
- Best VFX at the Future of Film Awards
- Best VFX at the Tokyo Film Fest
- Best Animated Film at London Movie Awards
- Honourable Mention in the category of "Best Sci-Fi" at the Art Film Awards
The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To apply for our BA/MArt in 3D Animation, follow this link. For the next 12 week animation course, click here.
* This article was originally published here
Post a Comment