"Street Ratz" Wins "Best Trailer" at HEI Film Festival
|"Street Ratz" wins "Best Trailer" at the HEI Film Festival|
This is the latest award for "Street Ratz", which tells the story of Tal, a young girl locked in a dystopian universe who must avoid the clutches of a gangland mafia boss to escape the city underworld.
Street Ratz is a teaser/trailer written and directed by Austin Hill, and produced by Jack Wright. The lead animator was Piotr Noworyta. Street Ratz has won many festival awards.
"Street Ratz" is a teaser/trailer set in a dystopian urban universe, following the adventures of a young girl "Tal", who, accompanied by her robot friend, must escape the underworld to find her mother. Meanwhile gangland mafioso "Zhu" will do anything to stop her.
"Street Ratz" was directed by Austin Hill, a graduate student at Escape Studios (now a studio assistant) studying for his MA in Storyboarding & Previsualisation. The film was a collaboration with Level 7 VFX and animation students studying for their integrated MArt.
- Austin Hill - Writer, Director, Cinematography, Art Direction and Editor
- Jack Wright - Producer
- Paulette Vassell - Music
- Leroy Dias - Concept Art
- Molly Babington - Concept Art
- Eleni Fouya - Concept Art, Texture Art, Animation
- Piotr Noworyta - Lead Animator, Previsualisation, Pipeline Development, Lead Rigging TD
- Tendai Mande - Modelling, 3D Layout
- Shannon Martin - 3D Layout, Lead Modeller and Texture Artist
- Alex Budulan - 3D Layout, FX TD
- Paloma Zhu - Animation, Rigging
- Callum Wylie - Animation
- Nickoel Izharudin - Animation
- Jessica Hiles - Animation
- Eilin Berrio Pena - Animation, Rigging
- Emily Lim Sarrias - Animation, Rigging
- Samira Bello - Lead Look Dev TD
You can watch the Street Ratz trailer at Vimeo below
|"Street Ratz" software|
"Street Ratz" was storyboarded with Storyboarder, animated in Maya, textured in Substance Painter, rendered in Unreal Engine, and edited in Premiere.
Street Ratz at IMDB
You can find Street Ratz here at the IMDB.
|"Zhu" from "Street Ratz"|
- Best Trailer at HEI Film Festival
- Best Trailer at the Golden Eagle Film Festival 2022
- Best Sci-Fi at Future of Film Festival
- Best Production Design (Honourable Mention) at the Tokyo International Film Festival
- Best Production Design at the Athens International Film Festival
- Best Teaser/Trailer at the Changing Face International Film Festival
- Four Stars Awards at the BIAFF
- Best Trailer at the Vesuvius Film Festival
- Best Trailer at the Art Film Awards
- Best Trailer at the Golden Nugget Film Awards
- Best Trailer (Nomination) at the Assurdo Film Festival
The Escape Studios Animation Blog offers a personal view on the art of animation and visual effects. To apply for our BA/MArt in 3D Animation, follow this link. To apply for our storyboarding evening class, visit this page here. For the next 12 week animation course, click here.
* This article was originally published here